Tuesday 15 November 2011

Tricks of the Ego

Life is a minefield of questions and answers and for every answer, theres another question, so it goes on and on.  You can pursue this pattern until you really feel that you don't know your own mind any more, or where you are going in life - not surprising when you consider the amount of variables from just one question.

I seem to run in cycles, I'll be able to focus ahead on my chosen goals for so long, before I fall into self doubt and lose my way.  I will then struggle internally, as I battle with my ego, while it fills my head full of uncertainty.  It feels as though you are going mad! Sometimes it would take quite some time to restore balance and find my feet again.  My Mum suggested I read Eckharte Tolle's book - 'A New Earth',  I did and found it profound in its teachings about the tricks of the ego - I would highly recommend this book to everyone!  Here is a link to his page -

http://www.eckharttolletv.com/adwords1?_s_ref=r5ULgTr6S&kw=[eckhart%20tolle]&creative=8378978026&gclid=CJ6Ljoi1uawCFQIf4QodFWrApA

I now understand that these episodes are normal for us all, in varying degrees and that the ego likes nothing more than to keep us from reaching our full potential, it likes to wield its power of self doubt, paranoia, worthlessness etc, which keeps us from moving forward.  I know now that I can recognise this little voice and not have to get caught up in the melodrama that its trying to create.  I still do sometimes of course, for I am human and not adept as some others maybe at spotting the ego tricks.  Now though I can pull myself out of it a lot quicker and easier, than before......and of course I know I'm not going mad, least not for the moment.





Moon - Waning Gibbous 68%

Yoga - Mountain, Release Technique, Warriors 1 & 2, Charioteer, Star, Archer, Eagle, Kneeling Twist, Child, Sphinx, Hare, Table and Table Balance

Card Message - The World

Dancing, I am Life.
Whole, I am One

Completion, Fulfilment, Success, Abundance, Achievement, Ecstasy and Union of Outer and Inner Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment