Thursday 24 November 2011

This rock had meltdowns too!!

Isn't strange how people perceive us, maybe as strong, or calm, or even confident. If they really knew that you were worried, or struggling or had doubts, I guess they might be a little surprised, but obviously it's down to the facade we sometimes show others. We can become so good at covering our own true feelings, so as not to burden others, or not to appear weak.  
An old friend used to call me a rock, solid, sound and grounded. I would listen to their troubles and try and help where I could, but they never even guessed that I would have my own meltdowns. I was so surprised that that they seemed to think I had life without any troubles, but then it occurred to me that I was too good at covering it all up. I would bottle up my feelings and bury them down, believing that they served no positive service to go maudlin through.

The point I wasn't getting was that I did need to vent and get things off my chest, as we all do.  As long as I moved on afterwards and let it go, after all it would do me no good to keep wallowing in it.  I was scared though that if I voiced my anger people would walk away! My husband was amazing in teaching me this lesson, he showed me that I was indeed harming myself keeping it all in and being miserable with it too!  He taught me that it was OK to feel angry about stuff too, not to feel guilty after exploding, just as long as I understood what it was about and to move on, I am so grateful to him for this.  To be honest it was quite liberating!  So now I know how to deal with it myself, I find that I don't actually feel so oppressed by it!!! Liberation indeed!!!

So maybe I do carry a calm exterior now, difference is the inside is calm too!!




Moon - Waning Crescent 14 %

Yoga - Mountain, Star, Heart Sequence, Triangle, Kneeling Twist, Sphinx, Child, Cat

Card Message - 3 of Pentacles (Earth, sensation, the senses and body)
Increase, Craft, Skill and Appreciation
Work flourishes as you buil on previous efforts.  The skilled use of matter and intelligence to create works of beauty and value. Financial rewards or appreciation after long periods of learning and work may still need to be done but help is at hand



No comments:

Post a Comment