Saturday 12 November 2011

Going Within

The Druid Craft Tarot Card that I pulled today as my daily message was 'The Hermit' and that got me thinking.....as the message with this card is:

"Turn away from the distraction of the outer world and seek guidence.
In silence and solitude discover new depths and refresh your soul at the source of all life."

This message keeps coming to me over and over again, especially now that we have passed through Samhain and the nights are drawing in.  This has been picked up in lessons from my yoga teacher and articles that are circulating via emails and I also referred to it briefly in a previous post.

As we experience the darker evenings, it gives us more time to reflect on the more subtle aspects of our lives - our thoughts, our aspirations, our memories and our plans.  It also give us the much needed time and space to collate any issues we are carrying and decide how we would like to deal with them....maybe also planning some resolves, to help shift some unnecessary emotional baggage.

Our ancestors were very wise about such subjects and built monuments to honour the darker season of year, where they would honour their ancestors and celebrate in and around such sacred sites, journeying within this world, within themselves and within other dimensions.

This is my tribute to such places:



The Silents

I walk amongest forgotten people
Their featureless faces watch as I walk by
Grey, still and silent
Untold stories of long ago are left unheard
Ancestors to whom I belong and may never know


Moon - Waning Gibbous 88%

Yoga - Cat, Downward Dog, Upward Dog, Star, Cobra, Child, Wide Legged Forward Bend, Triangle, Mountain, Dancer, Wheel, Seated Forward Bend, Butterfly, Tortoise.



Entrance to 'Wayland's Smithy'

Card Message - Guidence, Retreat, Caution, Withdrawal and Meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment