Saturday 3 December 2011

Animal Healing - The Plan

It really does seem a bit surreal going to do a Animal Healing workshop, straight after our guinea pig has died.....but it is the way of things!  Sadness and happiness all mixed up!!

So why animal healing?

Let me start from the beginning ...........
I've always loved animals, right from when I was very small.  My rabbits, guinea pigs and gerbils were very dear to me as I was growing up, I loved even my Granny's cats! One of them was pretty moody and didn't like children, but she would always tolorate me.  As I grew up I wished to be a Vet and even did my work experience at a local practise, but soon after that I dropped out of education and went to live on the road.  As a traveller I had never lived that close to nature and it was one of the aspects of that lifestyle that stirred something deep within my soul.  We all had dogs too, many of us had more than one, they ran like a pack and they were some of the best behaved dogs I have ever come to meet - even to this present day!

When I left the travelling life and moved into a house,  I bought with me, my dogs and also the need to be outside with nature.  I settled down and gave a home to not just the dogs, but rescued rabbits too.  These pets have now sadly passed away, but always after a period of time I have acquired more.  My house will never seem like home without an animal or two.

So now we jump forward to this year.....
So they say that life begins at 40, well it certainly does seem to be looking that way or maybe I'm just conscious of that fact and am engineering things to happen - who knows??
After I injured my leg whilst training for a half marathon, I spent a lot of time with not much physical activity and I was struggling to cope with it. Then one day the penny dropped, with the help of Mother Nature,  that I should stop focusing on physical challenges to appease my ego, but now look at at more subtle ways that I could achieve good things, for all.  I started thinking about healing, after all I had recently trained in Reiki, but I was still thinking about animals, as I had recently had a couple of very close meetings with wild animals and birds - I had felt very privilged when a young blackbird hopped up my back and sat on my head, for some time. Animal healing, it felt intuitively right.
So I did a book search on Amazon, the first book that came up was by a woman called Margrit Coates, so I googled her and found that she lives in the New Forest - what are the chances of that??  I looked up her webpage and found that she was doing a talk on animal healing the following month, before she was off round the world.  So I jumped at the chance, as it was almost being given to me on a plate. 
The talk was very interesting, and I had by then also read one of her books by then,  so when I talked to her afterwards, I was fairly well prepared.  She was very happy to meet a fellow animal lover and also a New Forester.  We talked a lot and she invited me to come back and do a animal healing workshop, that she was running.  After I returned home, I had a call from my mum - who had also been to the talk also, she proposed that I should do the workshop (she would as well) and she and my dad would pay.  I was flabbergasted and very grateful.  Since then I have found out how Margrit has trained and have looked into following the same path.  The base of the training is done with the National Fedaration of Spiritual Healers, and to my amazement the person who teaches the whole of the south/south east region lives just outside Southampton - another coincedence????  Maybe, maybe not!

So there you have it - the whole story to the eve of the workshop I'm about to attend.

Where do I hope to go with this?
I will see where it takes me, but I would love to be in a position to give healing to all animals, to help with all manner of issues regarding their well being..........because they give us so much.......so much love....so much friendship and they are great teachers too!!!

So I hope to be able to come back to this topic in the future and add more details and more information, as this journey progresses. May I say a big thank you to all those who are supporting me in this venture.
 - wish me luck.










Moon - First Quarter 53%

Yoga - Earth Gratitude, Moondance

Card Message - Death
The old and unesscessary wants to die.  What passion! The new prepares to open like a rosebud at the dawn of a new day.
Clearing away the old to make way for the new.  Precursor to transformation. Intense passion. Initiation.

On This Day - 3rd December  - Roman festival of Bona Dea the Good Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment