Monday 7 November 2011

The Lotus

Sometimes I find myself in a situation where I feel like I could tell a few people a thing or too and what I would normally ignore, just seems to get under my skin!
Times like these brings me back to a lesson taught by my yoga teacher.

The story of the Lotus ~

This flower springs forth from muddy waters. It raises its delicate petals to the sun and perfumes the world while, at the same time, its roots cling to the elemental muck, the very essence of the mortal experience. Without that soil, the flower would wither and die.

So I must remember that all aspects are valid, just like the soil for the lotus, but I do not have to bury myself in the mud. Like the lotus I can still live in such environment, but still raise my head to radiance of the light.

Moon ~ Waxing Gibbous 77%

Yoga ~ Rock the Baby, Butterfly, Cat, Upward Dog, Downward Dog, Tree, Bridge

Card Message ~ The Lovers
At every moment you have a choice
Love is at the heart of life
All creation is born out of love

No comments:

Post a Comment