Monday 2 January 2012

Motivation to Meditate


Motivation to Meditate

One of my big hang-ups is that I do not apply myself to meditate, even though I know I would benefit so greatly from it, it's not that I don't do any....it's more like I dabble.  I am not consistent enough to even allow myself a little snippet of the goodness I would gain from it, therefore I always lay it to one side to come back to another day.  The truth is there never is another day, for I'm constantly of that mind....never allowing myself to...always making excuses! 
I have managed to introduce some self discipline into my life, by daily blogging and daily yoga.....so now to take the next step and stick with it!  Besides which meditating IS a part of yoga, and rather than just practise yoga asanas, it should be more a way of life....I guess I'm taking a step at a time.



“forget the past, for it is gone from your domain! forget the future, for it is beyond your reach! control the present! Live supremely well now! This is the way of the wise...”  ― Paramahansa Yogananda

I have been reading 'An Autobiography of a Yogi', I'm not very far through and already the importance of meditation is glaring out of the pages.  Paramhansa Yogananda wrote the book, he was a student and then master of Kriya yoga, a yoga that is still taught today in the traditional methods, of Guru and student.  Kriya yoga places the highest value on proper meditation.  Even a few chapters in, I am now motivated and inspired to face this block that I've put in the way and open myself to the power and love of the source....by meditating. 

“Before embarking on important undertakings sit quietly calm your senses and thoughts and meditate deeply. You will then be guided by the great creative power of Spirit.”  ― Paramahansa Yogananda



Moon - Waxing Gibbous 56%

Yoga - Tadasana, Virabhadrasana Eka, Dvi & Tri, Parsvottanasana, Uttchita Parsvakonasana, Dandasana, Kakasana, Sarvangasana, Matsyendrasana, Parsva Pavana Muktasana, Savasana & Ujjayi Pranayama.

Card Message - Princess of Swords
May represent you,  someone you know or with whom you are communicating with.  Someone with good communication skills and verbal diplomacy who enjoys intellectual challenges and team sports.  Good conversation.  A new impulse to learn and grow.  A fresh viewpoint.

2nd January - Advent of Isis/Nativity of Our Lady Inanna/Eygptian Day
Nativity of Our Lady Inanna, the Sumerian goddess who is princess of the earth and queen of the heavens.  Inanna and Isis are goddesses of love and are related to Aphrodite, Astarte, Ishtar, and Cybele.

Gratitude - Self belief

1 comment:

  1. Maureen (Healing Trust).2 January 2012 at 18:18

    Paramahansa Yogananda yes, you can't go far wrong with him!

    ReplyDelete