Thursday 22 December 2011

My fathers passing...and my first glimpse of life after death

       My fathers passing...and my first glimpse of life after death

As it's my dad's birthday today, I've been thinking about his passing and how it showed me a glimpse of life after death. 

Dad, me, Mum and my sister

My dad and I were pretty close, so it hurt me greatly when he died.....he was only 39 and I was only 7, it was 19/6/1979.  Talking to my mum recently she has said she had recognised the fact his life had come full circle....due to all the 9's in the date and to go back to 1 was returning back to singularity...which is spirit.
I still vividly remember coming back from my friend's house to find the police talking to mum, and giving her the bad news.  In the days following my mum, younger sister and I struggled with our loss.  However my mum had prior to this point been exploring the concepts of life after death and the power of healing, so she was able to offer some comfort in the material she was reading.  'Testimony of light' or 'Dissolving the Veil' by Helen Greeves....which I devoured as she read to me.

I really can't remember much about the days that followed...admittedly it was a long time ago.  What I do remember is 2 vivid dreams I had on consecutive nights...

In the first I met with my dad again, he welcomed me into his arms and showed me he was OK, and I did not need to worry, for all was well.  There was no storyline to this dream, but I saw that we were in a landscape that was so beautiful, so lush, everything was so brilliant in colour and a feeling of happiness and love prevailed....there were other people here and animals.  I felt that I had been totally and utterly transported beyond this earthbound plane of existance, I know that grief plays tricks, but this was beyond hope...it showed me something more.

My second dream I met with my dad again, this time we were in what appeared to be a library.  He motioned for me to follow and he took me to a bookcase.   He pulled a huge book from a shelf; of which the whole library was full of, and then laid it on a table, it was a huge old leather bound book, and the pages were old papyrus looking.  Dad flicked through until about halfway and opened it up.....
On the pages he showed me was a list, it came halfway down the first page, the rest of the book was empty.  It was a list of names and dates...dad pointed to his name...and I realised it was a list of all have died....it was a record room, a room of all that have passed over.  After this the dream dissolved.....but I have no doubt though that this was more than a dream, I feel there is no way that a 7 year can just realise this things...even through grief.  I was happy then as I'm now that I was allowed to see beyond death, and this allowed me to accept and move on....this hard lesson learnt is a powerful one and has stayed with me since.

So there it is...my first glimpse of life after death.  I have to say in all my years since I have seen many mediums, and only once did one manage to connect with my dad.  I had paid for a sitting and had nothing that I could understand (I'm fairly difficult with this kind of thing, I will not give anything away or take anything given that is too general),  and then just as I was leaving she came out with all the information about his death that no one else would know.  So now I'm happy in the fact that this is just one level of existence..

I don't propose to know it all, but this much makes sense to me and maybe to those who may read this...but it is what it is, and I hope that I'm not too far off the mark...for some day I will know again all those that I have lost   X





Moon - Waning Crescent 11%

Yoga - Tadasana, Uttchita Parvakonasana, Parvottanasana, Virabhadrasana Eka & Dvi, Natarajasana, a sequence of Marjaryasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana & Urdha Mukha Svanasana, Setu Bandhasana, Balasana, Baddhakonasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana & Pranayama.

Card Message - Two of Pentacles (Earth, senses and the senses, body)
A need to seek balance in your life requires trust and playfulness rather than concentration and caution.  Material wealth and practical matters.  Juggling two or more jobs, homes or demanding relationships.  Juggling a number of factors in your life maybe a joy for you, rather than a burden.


23rd December - Larentalia
The Roman festival of Larentalia was held on December 23, but was ordered to be observed twice a year by Augustus; by some supposed to be in honour of the Lares, a kind of domestic genii, or divinities, worshipped in houses, and esteemed the guardians and protectors of families, supposed to reside in chimney-corners. Others have attributed this feast in honour of Acca Larentia, the nurse of Romulus and Remus, and wife of Faustulus.      

Gratitude - That I am surrounded by wonderful people

2 comments:

  1. Maureen (Healing Trust).23 December 2011 at 12:30

    So many people have reported back to this level about having out of body experiences and finding themselves in those vast libraries and halls of learning. That sure was real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to research more on people's accounts of these halls of learning - thank you x

    ReplyDelete