Thursday 29 December 2011

The Quietness

The Quietness

I love all the festivities at this time of year, the gatherings and gift giving, the festive activities and family and friend get-togethers, the noise and excitement, the chaos and late nights, but now I am looking forward to redressing the balance......quieter days and nights, slower pace and more focus, cleaner diet and clearer head.

It all has it's place and we have been feasting and rejoicing at this time of year for millennia, it's integral to our culture and intrinsic to our being.  After such times I think we all need time to clear our thoughts, focus on the year ahead and allow time to restores our energies.

I leave you with my poem..... X







I yearn for this stillness

The song of the wind, its subtle breeze sings to my soul,
I yearn for this stillness.

The bubbling brook, it's pleasing harmonies still my thoughts,
I yearn for this stillness.

The rays of the sun, bring warm happiness to my heart,
I yearn for this stillness.

The melodies of the birds, their trill poems lift my spirit,
I yearn for this stillness.

The stillness of a rock, it's tranquillity fills my entirety,
I yearn for this stillness.

The whispering trees, their mesmerising stories fill my head,
I yearn for this stillness.

The shadows grow long, the darkness envelopes me,
I yearn for this stillness.

The full moon, her silvery brightness illuminates my essence,
I yearn for this stillness.

The wings of an owl, it's wing beat a silent murmur within,
I yearn for this stillness.

The twinkling stars, their brilliance fills my core,
I yearn for this quietness.

These divine elements, reside in all of my being,
I am the quietness.





Moon - Waxing Crescent 29%

Yoga - Virabhadrasana Eka, Dvi & Tri, Tadasana, Halasana & Matsyendrasana

Card Message - King of Pentacles (sensation, the senses, the body)
You may experience an improvement in your finances or material circumstances.  The steady progress and success of a business, project or career.  A traditional established organisation or profession.

29th December 1170 - Archbishop Thomas A Becket murdered by King Henry II supporters.

Gratitude - Tenacity

2 comments:

  1. Maureen (Healing Trust).30 December 2011 at 16:03

    I could feel the stillness creeping over me as I read your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was written in amongst complete and utter mayhem.....I think I crawled inside that poem during the chaos, for some stillness x

    ReplyDelete