Saturday 31 December 2011

The door to 2012 is ajar...

The door to 2012 is ajar...



So the door to 2012 is ajar and we are all waiting to go through, I have a feeling that it is going to be fantastic year on many levels.  Lots people seem to agree that 2011 has been quite a tough one, may be it's just the way of the universe preparing us for the positive changes to come.




I have spent a fair amount of time this winter reflecting over the last year, written a few blogs on my musings too.  Overall the main theme for my last year was ridding myself of old and sometimes damaging patterns, thought processes and habits......this has meant facing the facts that have a negative side and egotistic values, this has been quite upsetting and scary at times, but acknowledging this has given me the chance to break the negative cycle.  I am happy to know that I'm not scared to open my pandora's box now, to soul search and know the truth within...it allows me the strength to face further questioning of myself.

I'm glad to say that not all of 2011 has been difficult though, for this was a year of personal challenges of not just the metal and spiritual kind, but physical too. 
At the beginning of the year I learnt to fly birds of prey, and found a great admiration for the relationship between bird and falconer. 
I took part in a 68 mile charity ride for 'Help for Heroes' and with the help and support of wonderful friends and family, raised £600. 
I've been to many, many gigs and seen some amazing bands and a hilarious comedian...a fantastic festival too, which I took my youngest to, for his first live music experience - he loved it! 
I've been to both the 'Mind, Body and Spirit Show' and the 'Yoga Show', both were enlightening experiences, in which I learnt as much about me, as I did about what was on offer. 
I trained in Reiki level 1, also I took part in workshops for Animal First Aid and Animal Healing.  I had my first taster at setting up a craft stall and selling my handcrafted bags, jewellery and cards. 
I was given my first allotment and spent many a long hour, sowing, weeding, pruning, harvesting, sharing, preserving, and of course, eating the produce.
I've had the opportunity to take part in a lot of different types of meditations, in which I've had a lot of various different experiences.
I've taken part in a street collection for a fantastic charity - Greyhound Rescue West of England, met some amazing and very dedicated people and some really beautiful dogs.
I have also met with some dear friends that I've not seen in a long time, and spent a wonderful catching up. 
I have spent many hours with friends discussing various theories & spiritual understandings, cooking, lots of dancing and lots of laughing.
I have also made many, many new friends along all the paths I've travelled this year, and I look forward to seeing more of them again in the new year.
I've had wonderful days out at beautiful locations with my family, quality time at some amazing locations.
Lastly, I have started this....a daily blog.  An opportunity for me to catalogue my feelings, experiences, challenges, understandings and anything else that comes to mind.

It has most definitely been a year of mixed blessings......a year of much gratitude......a year of much hurt, but also much love.....a year of new experiences.....and a year of building foundations, for the future.  I believe I'm ready now,  to walk through to doorway to 2012.





Moon - Waxing Crescent 43%

Yoga - Surya Namaskara

Card Message - Four of Swords
You may have been through a period of conflict or intense work, and now you are seeking solace and respite.  Time to focus on spiritual practises that revitalise the soul.  You may need to reassess where you stand, and organise your future plans.  Rest or convalescence.  The value of meditation.

31st December - New Year's Eve/Hogmanay/Yule Twelth Night
New Year's Eve/Hogmanay commemorates the solar divinity Hogmagog.  Traditional festivities include dressing in hides and horns of animals - 'guising' - burning smoking sticks (Hogmanays) to ward off evil sprites, and eating special cakes.  At the moment of the New Year, doors are opened and utensils rattled to drive off the last psychic vestiges of the old year and welcome the new:

Get up, good wife, and shake your feathers,
And dinna think that we are beggers;
For we are bairns come out to play,
Get up and gie' us our Hogmanay.

Twelth Night of Yule -This culminates the traditional twelve days of Yule. Each day of which is a month of the preceding year in miniature. Reflect on the past year. Take stock and lay a course for the future. Make New Years resolutions in the old way by swearing your oath on Freyas boar or on your Hammer.        

Gratitude - All the lessons I've learnt in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment