Thursday 22 December 2011

Solstice Reflections

Solstice Reflections



Having spent a morning visiting family I decided to take the afternoon for myself, especially as it is now the Winter Solstice.  I took the time to do some yoga and was rewarded with birdsong throughout.  Having now peace in head and heart I decided to add a few more ribbons to the wishing tree.....it's a small plum tree that I planted a few years ago.  Whilst everyone else around has been busy putting more and more flashy lights up around the houses, I decided to do things differently....with more meaning, focus and intent...and when everyone has taken down their lights, the wish ribbons will still be there....I will only take them off as the tree needs to grow and then will replace them.  These ribbons...so far...are for the closest people to me...tied with love and blessings for their futures.

I then thought about the Ash tree (tree mother - I blogged about a while ago), and I thought it would be nice to go and visit it and reflect over the last year.  As I drew closer I could hear Robins, all singing for their territory....a very beautiful birdsong.  I stayed with the tree for some time but could not relax, as it's by a path often used...so I said my goodbyes and walked off to an area that has been deemed dangerous (on account that it's very steep), by the local authorities...here I knew I would get some peace.  The very short walk is not so dangerous unless you want to push through the fallen trees, and that was not my goal.  I stopped and sat in the hanging branch of a laurel tree, in the peace and tranquility of Solstice dusk to think over the past year.
It was brief and emotional, as there have been a lot of changes...

I have lost friends, but I'm grateful that they chose to spend some time with me before moving on.

I am grateful that I now understood my path the potential I have (as we all do), but this has come at a price...and I regret any hurt I have caused.

Through practising yoga this year my mind, body and spirit is finding balance.

I now know that I want to give (to the best of my abilities), to all...for the good of all.

I'm blessed with all that surrounds me. 



So blessings to you all, on this wonderous day   X













Moon - Waning Crescent 17%

Yoga - Gate Sequence, Tadasana, Vrikshasana, Uttanasana, Konasana, Kakasana, Gomukha Virasana, Sarvangasana, Matsyendrasana, Bhujangasana, Balasana, Baddhakonasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana & Pranayama Bhramari.

Card Message - Nine of Cups
A time for enjoyment and celebration.  A rewarding emotional life.  Someone maybe missing from your life or you may feel strangely lonely.  Having been through difficulties in the past, now close relationships and warmth abound.  Inspiration and creativity.  Any obstacles will easily be handled.  Make sure you appreciate your blessings.

22nd December -Winter Solstice 
Winter Solstice or Yule is the time of the winter solstice, when the sun child is reborn, an image of the return of all new life born through the love of the Gods. Within the Northern Tradition Yule is regarded as the New Year.

Gratitude - I have survived thus far in this harsh world and thrive still
    

 

 

 









2 comments:

  1. Maureen (Healing Trust).24 December 2011 at 15:35

    The difference between 'Wish Ribbons' and 'Christmas Lights' is that one is placed with sacred intent, the other is usually placed for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree and I wanted more positive focus and intent on all my activities this year, whether it was solstice or christmas x

    ReplyDelete