Friday 20 January 2012

A Raw-full diet is Good

A Raw-full Diet is Good

Well I'm back to this point again, having let myself slip into a rut of bad eating habits, and feeling truly awful for it.  I knew it would happen over the Christmas period, but has now crept into most of January too.

Back last October I tried to start eating a predominantly raw diet, and it went well.  It was difficult to know where to start with it, but with the help of friends, I managed to get myself eating raw and creating raw too.  I felt amazing in such a little time, my skin was glowing, weight was dropping, I felt fresh and clean.  I bought several books, and started creating a little,  things were going well, but Christmas was coming and I knew it was going to be tough.  My confidence was lacking with what I could create as alternatives to the festive foods, and so the raw food diet disappeared over Christmas.

This period of bad eating....and when I say bad, I mean quick carb fixes laden with sugar....has got me to point of feeling pretty rough now...so it's time to stop and start eating healthy again.

I've forgotten what it's like to have a decent nights sleep, to not feel dehydrated, to not feel bloated, stodgy, spotty, lethargic, apathetic.
I've forgotten how to look after myself, to feel bright, alert, calm - with no mood swings (sugar highs & lows), relaxed, lighter, thinner, and so the list goes on!!!

I make a point of making sure that my children eat a well balanced diet, avoiding high fats and sugars.   My pets too, are well looked after in the dietary field, with pet food that is clean and free from hidden nasties.  So why am I not looking after myself?  And I know that I can't look after them properly if I'm not looking after myself.

So back to raw it is and I'm looking forward to it....besides which what better way to tastes the freshness of the produce that will be grown on our allotment this year.      X


Moon - Waning Crescent 21%

Yoga - Tadasana, Uttanasana, Parsvottanasana, Utthita Parsvokonasana, Prasarita Padottanasana, Utthita Hasta Pandangusthasana, Marjaryasana/Bitilasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana - Urdhva Mukha Svanasana, Hanumanasana, Baddakonasana, Gomukhasana, Lying Spinal Twist, Yoga Mudra, Pranayama & Mantra.

Card Message - Three of Swords (3's - creativity, expression, synthesis, & fulfilment) & (swords - air - thinking, intellect & mind)
Suffering can lead to greater wisdom.  Heartache, out of which can come healing and emotional maturity.  The potential for true growth and transformation.  We can learn and grow from conflicts and difficulties, rather than feel victimised by them.

20th January - St Agnes' Eve/Celtic tree month of Beth ends.
Traditionally, St Agnes' Day is a time for divination by fire.

Gratitude - Health

No comments:

Post a Comment