Wednesday 15 August 2012

The circles - paintings

Circle Paintings
Beauty
The whole idea of paintings involving circles, came from japanese cartoons of geisha girls, with little bobble circle-headed bobs.  Only once I drew the head on the page, the rest of the illustration morphed into something quite different.

The first, was based round flowers,
the second, was butterflies,
the third, (a favourite) was a fox and the full moon,
the forth, a peacock.

Freedom


Mystery

I was very lucky to have the first three painting accepted into a local art gallery exhibition, at 'The Art House' - Southampton.....which was both nerve wracking and an absolute delight too.  Opening night was fantastic, to see all the amazing creative work that people had put together, and of course I had my wonderful family and friends there to support me.

As I progress with the ideas, the pictures and the painting of them, I'm noticing a conveying of myself through painting....in short....I now realise I am painting myself, and strangely that makes it easier and more difficult to paint. 


Wonder

Never the less, the progression through paint is in full flow, abeit minor interuptions through moving house.  I'm still hooked into painting these circles, and as long as the world continues to fascinate me, there will always be a picture ready to be painted.

Exx

2 comments:

  1. They are truly full of wonder, mystery beauty and freedom ... would love a set of prints when you do Hx

    ReplyDelete